As an artist, I like to draw (Yes, I just stated the obvious). Because I like to draw, I have a lot of sketchbooks. I normally start one, decide it is too big, too small, or the texture of the pages just aren't to my liking. Because of this, I have a whole drawer filled with about six or so that are partially used. The one sketchbook I have started and have continued until this day is a leather-bound book I found at Barnes and Noble after searching through a million others to find one where the pages weren't lined. The pages are sort of a brownish color and get messed up when I try to erase things but since 10th grade I haven't stopped drawing, cutting, and gluing things into it. People are always pulling it out of my backpack to go through it.
A new sketchbook I got for Christmas is different than any other that I've ever had. It actually has a title! It's called 642 Things to Draw and it basically lists a different topic, or three, on every page to draw (hints the title). This book is PERFECT for me. I can whip out the creative ideas when it comes to big projects but when it comes to just drawing doodles, I am sort of helpless at times. I normally resort to drawing flowers or lately, dragons that burn the words MATH NOTES in my binder (yeah, a little sinister, but precal isn't exactly my forte). Whenever the creative juices have completely stopped flowing, I resort to this book to help get them going again. Actually, I draw in this book all the time. I keep it in my car so whenever I get to places early (which I do about half the time) I have something to keep me occupied that doesn't involved drawing the closest tree in the parking lot on a gas receipt which is always nice.


No comments:
Post a Comment