Saturday, June 18, 2011

In the depths of Your love I find peace makes me whole

On Wednesday night I faced one of my worst fears and did something I never though in a million years would be possible. I got to speak in front of a hundred or so 7-12 graders on Ephesians 3:14-21 and was hardly phased at all. A few years ago I could hardly get up and make a presentation in front of 15 or 20 people.....30 or more would have probably caused me to like, die or something. But for no special reason at all, I signed up to speak and was not afraid. Things were different this time for one reason alone.

The Holy Spirit was at work.

Thats right, there is absolutely no other way to explain it. Before I went up to speak, the worship band played a song that I had never heard before called I Love Your Presence. It was perfect. The lyrics were so simple and I felt this crazy rush of peace. Not only did I hear the perfect words at a time when my heart normally would have been racing but it was as if God was telling me that He was there and had everything under control. I even got to talk about how ridiculous it is for people to make excuses about how they are too scared to do something. You see the thing is, Jesus did not die on the cross and send us the very Spirit of God so we can just ignore it and live our lives like we are no different than everyone else. As Christians, we are called to something different. We are called to a life of no fear and believe that God can use us in ways that we never thought imaginable.

God is good, God is powerful, God is worthy of praise, and God is definitely worthy of our trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment