Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Oh, hey.

Ok, I am ashamed. I thought with summer I would be blogging a lot more frequently. Unfortunately, I've somehow just either been too busy or not in the mood to write the past few weeks or however long it's been. Hopefully you guys have not given up on me.

My original intent had been to write about graduation and everything that had happened up to that point but soon that idea turned into a post about graduation and everything that has happened since then. Now it is just a random blog post about who knows what. Oops.

I guess I'll still write a little bit about graduation though since this is the only chance I'll ever have to do so (until college graduation at least, but that's different). Basically, I feel pretty much the same. Besides the thought of my future schedule at Auburn lingering in the back of my head, the few things I have purchased or have been given for my dorm room and the graduation cards that make me excited to check the mail every day, it still hasn't really seemed to hit me yet that I won't be going back to Spain Park next year. I wasn't sad at graduation and never thought I would be. I've been ready for a while now to meet new people and do new things! However, senior share night on New Wind is going to be a whole different story.

In other news, many other important things have happened since my last well thought through post. I have taken two senior trips to the beach, will be speaking in front of about 200 people at church a week from tomorrow (AHHH!), I have watched all four Pirates of the Caribbean movies over the past two days, am currently working with 4 and 5 year olds at VBS this week and a week ago attended my first funeral. It was for my digital photography teacher Mr. Myers and was absolutely nothing like I thought a funeral would be. It wasn't sad at all! I left the church amazed at how cheerful the music was and how packed the sanctuary had been. It's so crazy to think about what an impact Mr. Myers had on people while he was alive and how he still continues to inspire even through his death.

In closing, I will try to write more. I really will. Here are some pictures to make up for the blog posts I have not been writing (in order!).
Beach trip 1

Beach Trip 1

Graduation Sunday

Graduation


Adventure

Adventure

Beach Trip 2


Beach Trip 2 (War Eagle)



No comments:

Post a Comment