Tomorrow night is a very momentous occasion. It is the last Jam basketball game. For those of you who are unaware, I and many very talented senior girls at Shades have gone undefeated for our whole basketball season this year (minus one game we had to forfeit to go to the Lovelady Center). Yeah, we're good. If it was us against Colby Bryant slam dunk giant we would most likely dominate and make him run off the court crying. We're pretty intimidating too. I'm pretty sure we have the largest fan base in church basketball history that is steadily growing with each game we win. All of the fans do cheers but our top fans, they are bringing out the pushups tomorrow night.
As you can see, we are clearly unstoppable. I like to brag about this (because it is in fact, true) but in reality I am by far from being one of the top players. You see, standing at about 5'8" I am often asked the question, "So, do you play basketball?" Why, funny you might ask! As a matter of fact, I am far from a basketball player. I'm actually a sort of awkward, skinny jean wearing, artist person and seeing a ball being thrown straight towards me frightens me half the time. You can usually pick me out on the court because I am the one who looks completely lost and asks whoever is standing nearest to me if they know what's going on when the whistle is blown. I get fouled not because I am aggressive, but because I only know a small portion of the rules of basketball. A lot of the time I could care less about competitiveness in the game and think I annoy people sometimes when I try to make small talk while warming the bench. So the answer to that question is no, being tall does not make me a basketball player. Does being short make you a horse jockey? Probably not.
You know, not enough people recognize my potential to be a horse jockey...
ReplyDeleteYou are such a cute and funny awkward skinny art person. :D I like that about you!
ReplyDelete