I hate all your show and pretense
the hypocrisy of your praise
the hypocrisy of your festivals
I hate all your show
Away with your noisy worship
Away with your noisy hymns
I stop up my ears when your
singing ‘em
I hate all your show
Instead let there be a flood
of justice
An endless procession of righteous
living, living
Instead let there be a flood
of justice
Instead of a show
your eyes are closed when you’re praying
you sing right along with the band
you shine up your shoes for services
but there’s blood on your hands
you turned your back on the homeless
and the ones that don’t fit in your plans
quit playing religion games
there’s blood on your hands
Ah! let’s argue this out
if your sins are blood red
let’s argue this out
you’ll be white as the clouds
let’s argue this out
quit fooling around
give love to the ones who can’t love at all
give hope to the ones who got no hope at all
stand up for the ones who can’t stand up at all
instead of a show
I hate all your show
Ok this song is awesome. Jon Foreman is awesome. Everything he sings is either practically from scripture or just plain amazing. This song really, really describes how I feel a lot of the time. Maybe it's because we live in the South but I feel like a lot of people have no problem with saying they are Christians, going to church, posting Bible verses all over their facebooks and and then going on living their lives like they can do whatever they want. Ok, when Jesus truly changes your life, it shows. Going on and saying you're a Christian but living a lifestyle that is completely opposite to the one Jesus taught is like spitting in His face. I'm not saying that Christians are supposed to live perfect lives but the least we can do is try to follow as closely after Jesus as we can because He just...I don't know....took on the weight of all of our sin and died for us!? I mean come on people! When we know the reality of His love, we shouldn't be able to hold ourselves back from loving Him! And not to mention, when we try to live our lives as He did, we are able to show people just a glimpse of the love he has for us and that is a beautiful thing.
Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.
John 14:23
This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.
1 John 3:16
This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.
1 John 4:9
No comments:
Post a Comment