I've tried twice now to write about everything that has happened within the past few weeks. Somewhere between trying to explain the details in going to New York and college planning, things started getting a little out of hand and my quick blog post was quickly turning into a small novel. For this reason, I will spend time trying to organize things and for now will simply write about my day because I have not been a frequent blogger lately.
Today I spent my morning working on my grade's skit for summer camp. Though most groups don't plan their skits until the week of camp, I have come to learn that senior skit means serious business. We started working on it in April and have finally pulled most of it together. I cannot say anymore in fear of underclassmen or senior guys reading this (skit plans are always huge secrets).
After a lot of hard work, the majority of the people at skit practice ate lunch at Moe's. I got to try out the new drink machine there that allows you to mix all sorts of different flavors with coke products...it's one of those things that can change your opinion on the entire restaurant. My brother came home extremely excited about it a few weeks ago and claimed that he would eat there all the time now because of it. I tried the strawberry lemonade (safe but still taking advantage of the whole mixing flavors thing). After this I went home and played solitaire (my go to game when the boredom sets in) and then decided to entertain myself otherwise.
By this, I mean that I decided I wanted to perfect my sewing skills....or more like obtain the sewing skills that I don't have. I've sort of gotten this fantasy going on lately that when I grow up and have kids and grandkids, I want to be able to sew and knit all this awesome stuff for them. I couldn't just sit and sew in silence though so I turned on music which led to me practicing guitar for about five minutes which reminded me that I needed to buy more music to make my friend Mary a birthday CD. Needless to say, I didn't get much sewing accomplished...none actually.
Despite the lack of concentration in the afternoon, I was completely focused after dinner when my dad pointed out this awesome moth outside on the deck. I spent about 20 minutes taking pictures of it from every angle possible and came inside literally dripping sweat from the crazy Alabama humidity and had a few new mosquito bites but it was worth it. Call me crazy but I just absolutely love having a nice camera.
I've spent the majority of the night on itunes and have begun a Disney playlist after my recent obsession. I never realized how good it all was until I started a Tarzan Pandora station! Haha! On that note, I will end this with the best Disney song I've bought all day. Sorry about the blandness of this blog post....I will try to make it up with a more interesting one later!
No comments:
Post a Comment